With diplomatic relations between Washington and Beijing fraught on a host of issues—including trade, human rights abuses in Xinjiang, tit-for-tat policies aimed at restricting press access, Hong Kong’s special economic...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 26, 2014
AFP’s Tom Hancock describes China’s occasional practice of sending activists on forced...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 12, 2013
The New York Times highlights two photography projects aiming to capture different aspects of China’s diversity. Following a six-month photographic trip across the United States, Mathias Braschler and Monika Fischer...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’