With diplomatic relations between Washington and Beijing fraught on a host of issues—including trade, human rights abuses in Xinjiang, tit-for-tat policies aimed at restricting press access, Hong Kong’s special economic...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 26, 2014
AFP’s Tom Hancock describes China’s occasional practice of sending activists on forced...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 12, 2013
The New York Times highlights two photography projects aiming to capture different aspects of China’s diversity. Following a six-month photographic trip across the United States, Mathias Braschler and Monika Fischer...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms