China’s “zero-Covid” policy relies heavily on mobile phone apps that display a health code in one of three “traffic light” colors: red, yellow, or green. Users install the apps via WeChat or Alipay, enter their...
by Cindy Carter | Nov 26, 2021
As the third year of the COVID-19 pandemic approaches, China continues to adhere to a stringent “zero-COVID” policy, long after many other nations (including Australia, Singapore, and New Zealand) have abandoned their...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 26, 2014
AFP’s Tom Hancock describes China’s occasional practice of sending activists on forced...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 12, 2013
The New York Times highlights two photography projects aiming to capture different aspects of China’s diversity. Following a six-month photographic trip across the United States, Mathias Braschler and Monika Fischer...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal