The New York Times’ Edward Wong recaps the saga of Wang Lijun, the former police chief under Bo Xilai’s Chongqing regime, whose early February dash to the U.S. consulate in Chengdu set off a chain of events that saw...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods