Tsinghua University has fired Xu Zhangrun, a law professor and outspoken critic of Xi Jinping’s leadership, who was released on Sunday after six days in detention. Xu was suspended from teaching duties in August 2018 after...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 6, 2020
Xu Zhangrun, a former law professor at Tsinghua University, was detained on Monday morning in Beijing. BREAKING via Geremie Barmé @chinaheritage: “Friends in Beijing report that this morning, local time, Professor Xu Zhangrun...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods