Ai Weiwei has recently joined Google+, having fallen silent on Twitter since his release last month. From Penn Olson: In his first post on G+ this afternoon, at 1:44pm local time, Ai Wei-wei said simply, “Greetings....
by Samuel Wade | May 10, 2011
Jeffrey Goldberg’s Atlantic cover story, ‘Danger: Falling Tyrants’, examines the difficulties of promoting American values in a tumultuous Middle East, and includes some unusually “Reaganesque”...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 13, 2011
At a press conference to close the annual NPC meetings, Premier Wen Jiabao rejected any comparisons between the situation in China and those in Tunisia and Egypt that led to popular revolutions there. From AP: Social stability...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions