Ai Weiwei has recently joined Google+, having fallen silent on Twitter since his release last month. From Penn Olson: In his first post on G+ this afternoon, at 1:44pm local time, Ai Wei-wei said simply, “Greetings....
by Samuel Wade | May 10, 2011
Jeffrey Goldberg’s Atlantic cover story, ‘Danger: Falling Tyrants’, examines the difficulties of promoting American values in a tumultuous Middle East, and includes some unusually “Reaganesque”...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 13, 2011
At a press conference to close the annual NPC meetings, Premier Wen Jiabao rejected any comparisons between the situation in China and those in Tunisia and Egypt that led to popular revolutions there. From AP: Social stability...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China