The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the issuing body has been omitted to protect the source. All previously posted content on...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 2, 2016
Amid an economic downturn and a plan to streamline the state-owned sector, the Chinese government...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 10, 2015
With China’s pension fund facing mounting pressure as its population continues to...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 13, 2013
With China’s multitude of college graduates poised to keep growing and their post-graduation...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 26, 2013
While China’s recently graduated—including many of those who enjoyed their higher education abroad—are facing bleak prospects on the job market, the South China Morning Post’s Amy Li looks at an additional layer of...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods