The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the issuing body has been omitted to protect the source. All previously posted content on...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 2, 2016
Amid an economic downturn and a plan to streamline the state-owned sector, the Chinese government...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 10, 2015
With China’s pension fund facing mounting pressure as its population continues to...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 13, 2013
With China’s multitude of college graduates poised to keep growing and their post-graduation...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 26, 2013
While China’s recently graduated—including many of those who enjoyed their higher education abroad—are facing bleak prospects on the job market, the South China Morning Post’s Amy Li looks at an additional layer of...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions