Reuters takes a look at China’s deepening economic ties with the United Arab Emirates: If it weren’t for the veiled women and men in Arab garb, this could be a corridor in any of China’s factory cities, crammed...
United Arab Emirates
Sep 9, 2009
The plane held in China allegedly carrying undeclared arms heading for China from the United Arab Emirates has been released, the Times of India reports: Sources say that the China-bound UAE Air Force aircraft detained at the...
Sep 7, 2009
A United Arab Emirates air force plane bound for China is being held in Kolkata, India after the pilot admitted it was carrying undeclared arms and ammunition. From Bloomberg: The aircraft landed in the eastern city of Kolkata...
CDT in the News
- Foreign Policy, China Brief – Zero-COVID nightmare
- The Globe and Mail – Locked-down Xinjiang residents face food and medicine shortages, as well as Chinese government censorship
- Czech News Agency (CTK) – Forum 2000 Conference Awards Chinese Journalist Zhang Zhan
- RadarOnline – China Unleashes ‘Comment Flooding’ To Tamp Down Social Chatter From Locked Down City
- WION – Covid lockdown: China censuring people’s pleas on social media amid food and medicine shortages