Caixin’s Cui Zheng and Liu Zhiyi report on illegal dumping of chemical, bacteria and parasite-laden sludge from sewage plants around China: Promptly at noon on March 17, a heavy truck hauling a dark substance and on a dark...
by Wang Jun | May 9, 2005
From China Daily Online: Only 10 per cent of the waste water in Northeast China’s Heilongjiang Province is being treated because of a lack of processing plants. More than 40 species of fish are said to have disappeared from local rivers in recent years because of the pollution.
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”