An aniline spill in Shanxi on New Year’s Eve caused extended disruption of water supplies in the downstream Hebei city of Handan earlier this month. Public anger at the authorities’ five-day cover-up then led to four...
by samuel wade | Aug 31, 2011
chinadialogue reports on illegal dumping of chromium waste, which threatens the water supply of tens of millions of people and livestock. In mid-August, the Yunnan-based blogger Dong Rubin revealed that a nearby factory in...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers