An aniline spill in Shanxi on New Year’s Eve caused extended disruption of water supplies in the downstream Hebei city of Handan earlier this month. Public anger at the authorities’ five-day cover-up then led to four...
by samuel wade | Aug 31, 2011
chinadialogue reports on illegal dumping of chromium waste, which threatens the water supply of tens of millions of people and livestock. In mid-August, the Yunnan-based blogger Dong Rubin revealed that a nearby factory in...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo