As the China expat twittersphere convulsed in response to Tudou co-founder Marc van der Chijs’ explanation of ‘Why I’m leaving China’, Marketplace’s Rob Schmitz described middle-class Chinese...
May 1, 2012
China’s growing thirst for energy is driving increased exploitation of inland resources. At Yale Environment 360, Christina Larson examines the environmental implications of China’s ‘West-to-East Coal-Power...
Apr 4, 2008
China Dialogue has a fantastic slideshow and article from freelance journalist Jack Carino on the nasty effects of Chinese water consumption on Central Asia. See the full slideshow here. From the article: On the upstream side is...
Jun 6, 2005
From the Standard: The 10 mainland western provinces suffer an annual economic loss of up to 150 billion yuan (HK$141.1 billion) because of environmental deterioration, according to state media. The amount lost accounted for 13 percent of the local yearly gross domestic product, Xinhua News Agency reported Sunday, quoting a government research report. See also […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos