Alibaba has fired the employee who in August accused a manager of rape in apparent retaliation for her story going public. The victim, surnamed Zhou, alleged that her manager raped her after a boozy client dinner. Her accusation...
Aug 13, 2021
On August 9, Jianjiao Buluo or “Pepper Tribe,” an online platform dedicated to female workers, announced that it will cease updating content and will permanently close all properties linked to its official account....
Dec 30, 2013
A group of eight Chinese women facing gender discrimination in the job market have “named...
Oct 9, 2013
Feminist legal scholars say that a precedent set by 17-year-old gang rapist Li Tianyi’s ten...
May 20, 2013
A recent report found that China is home to the highest number of female self-made entrepreneurs in the world. While this is certainly good news for those entrepreneurs, it does not give a complete picture of the complicated...
May 2, 2005
From the Taipei Times: It isn’t every day that a university professor goes to a factory in China and enrolls as one of the workforce in order to study the conditions there and the experiences of its workers. But this is what Pun Ngai has done in this remarkable book. Made in China is in […]
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes