In a translation posted at chinadialogue, Southern People Weekly’s Hai Pengfei reflects on last month’s trial of environmentalist Liu Futang for illegal publishing. Liu, a former official, had written and distributed...
May 12, 2011
In a three part series, International Rivers’ Katy Yan describes her journey up the Nu River as far as Tibet (which, as an American, she was unable to enter), and the effects of dam-building on the communities that live...
Oct 15, 2010
Asia Times has a two part report (via Danwei) by Peter Lee on writer Xie Chaoping, his recent detention, and the subject of his book, “The Great Relocation”: the displacement and mistreatment of people from the Sanmen Xia...
CDT in the News
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)