After Uyghur economist Ilham Tohti saw his separatism charge upheld last week, seven students who...
Aug 16, 2010
Following is the latest installment in a series of posts by journalist Rachel Beitarie*, who will be sharing with us dispatches from her journey across rural China. In this post, Rachel visits a rural village in Liangshan...
May 9, 2008
More details are emerging about the child labor case uncovered recently in rural Sichuan. From the New York Times: China is now investigating whether hundreds, perhaps thousands, of poor children of the Yi ethnic minority group...
Apr 30, 2008
From BBC News: Chinese police have rescued more than 100 village children sold to work as slave labourers in the booming southern province of Guangdong. The children, from the ethnic Yi minority, came from poor families in...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy