China’s entertainment world has been shaken by a young woman’s accusation that singer-actor-model Kris Wu date raped her and other unnamed teenage girls. By coming forward, Du Meizhu, the 18-year-old accuser, may have...
by Joseph Brouwer | Mar 9, 2021
News of the suspension of Ant Group’s initial public offering, shocking to business-world observers, received a warm welcome among some corners of Chinese youth. Many of the primary users of Ant Finance’s premier micro-lending...
by lisbeth | Aug 15, 2017
China’s population of internet users broke 700 million this year, and government reports...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 3, 2013
Chinese rock legend Cui Jian complained to South China Morning Post that today’s young...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 13, 2013
With China’s multitude of college graduates poised to keep growing and their post-graduation...
by Liu Yong | Jun 4, 2009
From CNN: They’re known as the “post 1980s” kids or the “Tiananmen-plus-20” generation: 200 million-strong, Web-savvy, pop-culture-conscious and decidedly apolitical. As the world observes the 20th...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods