A breeze of cautious optimism wafted into the Chinese economy this week despite a seventh consecutive quarter of slowing GDP growth, as better-than-expected September data signaled that the world’s second largest economy...
May 7, 2012
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner’s arrival in Beijing for a fourth round of Strategic Economic Dialogue (SED) with several high-ranking members of the Chinese leadership took...
May 3, 2012
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton opened the U.S.-China Strategic Economic Dialogue in Beijing by urging China to protect human rights but avoiding direct mention of blind activist Chen Guangcheng, who left the U.S....
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends