According to a Xinhua report, the compensation rate for wrongful imprisonment will increase: China’s Supreme People’s Procuratorate (SPP) Friday ordered prosecutors to compensate victims of wrongful imprisonment at a...
Jun 25, 2010
New rules from China’s Supreme People’s Court prohibit confessions obtained through torture. From Xinhua: China’s highest court has published details of a regulation banning the admission of confessions...
Jun 15, 2010
From Chinese law specialist Stanley Lubman, for the Wall Street Journal’s China Real Time blog: A tragic but true story has been used to support a change in Chinese criminal procedure. Zhao Zuohai was acquitted after...
CDT in the News
- RFA – Chinese censors delete news report probing return of COVID tracking
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction