A Beijing court has rejected an appeal in a landmark #MeToo case, upholding a 2021 judgment that found Zhou Xiaoxuan, better known as Xianzi, had insufficient evidence to prove that Zhu Jun, a powerful CCTV host, sexually...
Minitrue: Do Not Report on the Zhou _ _ (aka Xianzi) Lawsuit; Caution on University Entrance Exam Reforms
Sep 16, 2021
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media and internet companies by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the issuing body has been omitted to protect the source. 2021/9/14...
Sep 14, 2021
Today, after three years of legal battles, the sexual harassment case that galvanized China’s #MeToo movement was thrown out of court for an alleged “lack of evidence.” Standing outside of Beijing Haidian District People’s...
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?