Liz Carter is a China consultant, translator, and amateur subtitler. After living in Beijing for several years, where she studied contemporary literature at Peking University, she relocated to Washington D.C., where she writes on Chinese social media and internet culture for Tea Leaf Nation. She maintains A Big Enough Forest, a collection of Chinese translations, and tweets from @withoutdoing.
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods