Liz Carter is a China consultant, translator, and amateur subtitler. After living in Beijing for several years, where she studied contemporary literature at Peking University, she relocated to Washington D.C., where she writes on Chinese social media and internet culture for Tea Leaf Nation. She maintains A Big Enough Forest, a collection of Chinese translations, and tweets from @withoutdoing.
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms