Liz Carter is a China consultant, translator, and amateur subtitler. After living in Beijing for several years, where she studied contemporary literature at Peking University, she relocated to Washington D.C., where she writes on Chinese social media and internet culture for Tea Leaf Nation. She maintains A Big Enough Forest, a collection of Chinese translations, and tweets from @withoutdoing.
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – Xi’an Lockdown: Beijing Continues to Pursue “Zero-Covid”
- News.com.au – China’s Covid zero policy is floundering against Omicron
- The Wire China – Open Source
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Wainao – Hu Xijin’s retirement, the future after the “flattering era”