October 28, 2015 9:45 AM
1989 protests 2008 Sichuan earthquake air pollution Ai Weiwei art Beijing bloggers blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise corruption democracy diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth dissidents economic growth education food safety history Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan Japan relations journalism Mao Zedong media censorship migrant workers military Ministry of Truth photos political reform press freedom propaganda protests public health Shanghai sina weibo Tibet Tibet protests U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Wen Jiabao Xi Jinping Xinjiang
November 11, 2015 1:05 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of
In December 2013, Xi Jinping launched an ongoing presidential image-crafting campaign at a Qingfeng Steamed Bun franchise in Beijing, where
October 20, 2015 1:37 PM
4:30 am security check for media covering #China #military #parade in Tiananmen Square #beijing pic.twitter.com/eWOVsDdrkj — Julie Makinen
September 2, 2015 4:17 PM
- Minitrue: Don’t Rain On Our Military Pa...
- China Molds a Supercity Around Beijing
- Lawyers Protest Assault against Female Lawyer
- People of the Week: Chaoyang Masses
- Sensitive Words: Xi’s Security Shuffle
- Minitrue: Caixin Editor Sues Tycoon Guo Wengu...
- ThePaper: “Who Are the Sly Chaoyang Mas...
- Meeting Mr. “Hot Phrase”
- Police Shadow Journalists’ Charlie Hebdo Gath...
- Can China’s Dying Villages Be Saved?
- Man of the Week: Steamed Bun Xi
- Former Police Attempt Suicide by Pesticide
- Minitrue: Caixin Editor Detained
- Journey Along Beijing’s Seventh Ring
- Hong Kong Student Protesters Plan Beijing Vis...
- Color of the Week: APEC Blue
- Be Splendid: Chinese Cities Promote Better Ma...
- Minitrue: Migrant Mother Killed in Beijing Su...