October 23, 2013 11:56 AM
Africa trade art censorship Australia relations Bei Ling Dai Qing diplomacy documentaries external propaganda foreign correspondents foreign media Frankfurt Book Fair Freedom House freedom of expression GAPP Germany Great Firewall Internet censorship Kaohsiung Film Festival Liao Yiwu literature Melbourne Film Festival press freedom Rebiya Kadeer self-censorship soft power Taiwan culture Tibet Tibet culture Uyghurs writers
November 11, 2013 1:29 PM
A newly released report from U.S.-based think tank Freedom House looks at the many ways that Chinese media restrictions are influencing the
This year’s London Book Fair will highlight China in a special “China Market Focus” section, and will invite Liu Binjie, the
April 16, 2012 3:38 PM
In the New York Times, Mohamed Keita, Africa advocacy coordinator for the Committee to Protect Journalists, writes about declining press freedom
April 16, 2012 2:49 PM
- China’s Great Firewall Spreads Overseas
- China and Tibet Skirmish at a Film Festival
- China Jails Tibetan Filmmaker
- China Looks to Export Censorship
- Book Fair Fires Official for Approach to Chin...
- At Book Fair, a Subplot About Chinese Rights
- China’s Export of Censorship
- The Frankfurt Book Mess
- Chinese Author Banned from Traveling to Germa...
- Taiwan Feels Heat Over Uighur Film
- German Book Fair’s Dissident Guests Roi...
- Furore as Chinese Dissidents Address Book Fai...
- Film Festival in the Cross Hairs