May 22, 2015 1:44 PM
Africa trade anti-censorship tools arts censorship Australia relations Beijing Bloomberg books censorship cyberespionage cybersecurity diplomacy documentaries Evan Osnos exporting censorship external propaganda Facebook foreign companies foreign correspondents foreign IT companies foreign media freedom of expression GAPP Germany Great Firewall Internet censorship Internet control Latin America Liao Yiwu literature Liu Xiaobo media censorship media conditions media control peter hessler press freedom publishing Rebiya Kadeer self-censorship social media soft power surveillance Taiwan tencent Tibet Tibet culture Uyghurs WeChat writers WTO Xi Jinping
February 2, 2015 6:44 PM
Free expression and literacy advocacy group PEN America this week released the report “Censorship and Conscience: Foreign Authors and
With Tencent’s WeChat app growing in popularity in both China and the world at large, the Guardian Project‘s Nathan Freitas highlights
January 8, 2015 2:23 PM
The Wall Street Journal reports that exiled Chinese writer Liao Yiwu’s Facebook account has been suspended: Liao Yiwu, who lives in Berlin,
January 2, 2015 2:59 PM
- China’s Influence On Taiwan’s Media
- Mainland Censorship: Authors Cut Their Losses
- Evan Osnos On Not Publishing His Book In Chin...
- Bloomberg’s Folly
- China’s Censorship Leverage
- Report: Chinese Censorship Expanding Abroad
- Free Speech Activists Protest London Book Fai...
- Africa’s Free Press Problem
- Foreign Media in China: Battling the Anaconda
- China’s Great Firewall Spreads Overseas
- China and Tibet Skirmish at a Film Festival
- China Jails Tibetan Filmmaker
- China Looks to Export Censorship
- Book Fair Fires Official for Approach to Chin...
- At Book Fair, a Subplot About Chinese Rights
- China’s Export of Censorship
- The Frankfurt Book Mess
- Chinese Author Banned from Traveling to Germa...