April 1, 2014 11:53 AM
Africa trade art censorship Australia relations Bei Ling Bloomberg censorship Dai Qing diplomacy documentaries exporting censorship external propaganda foreign correspondents foreign media Frankfurt Book Fair Freedom House freedom of expression GAPP Germany Great Firewall Internet censorship Kaohsiung Film Festival Liao Yiwu literature media censorship media control Melbourne Film Festival novelists press freedom Rebiya Kadeer self-censorship soft power Taiwan culture Tibet Tibet culture Uyghurs writers
November 11, 2013 1:29 PM
Reader’s Digest has removed Australian novelist LA Larkin’s Thirst from its anthology of condensed novels in order to maintain
A newly released report from U.S.-based think tank Freedom House looks at the many ways that Chinese media restrictions are influencing the
October 23, 2013 11:56 AM
This year’s London Book Fair will highlight China in a special “China Market Focus” section, and will invite Liu Binjie, the
April 16, 2012 3:38 PM
- Africa’s Free Press Problem
- China’s Great Firewall Spreads Overseas
- China and Tibet Skirmish at a Film Festival
- China Jails Tibetan Filmmaker
- China Looks to Export Censorship
- Book Fair Fires Official for Approach to Chin...
- At Book Fair, a Subplot About Chinese Rights
- China’s Export of Censorship
- The Frankfurt Book Mess
- Chinese Author Banned from Traveling to Germa...
- Taiwan Feels Heat Over Uighur Film
- German Book Fair’s Dissident Guests Roi...
- Furore as Chinese Dissidents Address Book Fai...
- Film Festival in the Cross Hairs