September 29, 2014 5:05 PM
18th party congress anti-Japan protests badiucao Bo Xilai CCTV censorship chengguan Chinese Dream cross-talk Cross-Talk Comics Cultural Revolution Deng Zhengjia diaoyu islands Drawing the News environmental protests forced demolitions freedom of expression history household registration Huangpu pigs 2013 Hu Jintao hukou Hunan Internet censorship Internet culture Japan June 4th Kuang Biao leadership transition lei zhengfu mo yan netizens official corruption Politburo Standing Committee political cartoons political humor propaganda re-education through labor Rebel Pepper Red Guards riot police sex scandals Shanghai Shifang Sichuan sina weibo tigers and flies weibo word of the week Xi Jinping
August 22, 2014 1:36 PM
Last week, the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) chalked up the Great Famine (1959-1961) to an “exploratory error.”
September 26, 2014 3:00 PM
In 2009, a strange creature emerged on the Internet from China. It was the grass-mud horse, a dopey alpaca frolicking in the Mahler Desert. It starred
September 15, 2014 9:42 AM
- Drawing the News: Full Moon Fantasy
- Cartoon on HK Counter-Protests by “Trai...
- Drawing the News: Blood Spilt Yesterday, Toda...
- Drawing the News: So Many Lawyers
- CDT eBook: Crazy Crab’s Chinese Dream i...
- Drawing the News: Sunflowers and State Funera...
- Drawing the News: Know What I’m Saying?
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- Drawing the News: The Ring of Fail
- Drawing the News: The Right to Remain Silent
- Drawing the News: Apology Not Accepted
- Test Your China Chops: Take the CDT News Quiz
- Word of the Week: Shouting Font
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping Orders Lunch
- Drawing the News: Birthday Season
- Hu Ping: Subversion By Way of Laughter
- Drawing the News: Chinese Dream, Chinese Nigh...
- China also “Swept” by Hurricane S...