August 18, 2014 7:34 PM
18th party congress anti-Japan protests badiucao Bo Xilai CCTV censorship chengguan Chinese Dream cross-talk Cross-Talk Comics Cultural Revolution Deng Zhengjia diaoyu islands Drawing the News environmental protests Feng Zikai forced demolitions freedom of expression Gangnam style Guizhou hexie farm history Hu Jintao Hunan Internet censorship Japan leadership transition lei zhengfu netizens official corruption one-child policy patriotism Politburo Standing Committee political cartoons political humor re-education through labor Rebel Pepper Red Guards riot police sex scandals Shanghai Shifang Sichuan sina weibo SneezeBloid soft power tigers and flies weibo word of the week Xi Jinping
November 4, 2012 9:19 AM
Chinese political cartoonist Wang Liming, aka Rebel Pepper (变态辣椒), has found himself the subject of a smear campaign following the release
This week, CDT presents political cartoons, shared on the Chinese Internet, about a murder at McDonald’s, tightening security after the recent
June 3, 2014 1:56 PM
A roundup of online political cartoons from the past two weeks. Click any image to launch the slideshow view. As the 25th anniversary of the June
May 19, 2014 2:19 PM
- CDT eBook: Crazy Crab’s Chinese Dream i...
- Drawing the News: Sunflowers and State Funera...
- Drawing the News: Know What I’m Saying?
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- Drawing the News: The Ring of Fail
- Drawing the News: The Right to Remain Silent
- Drawing the News: Apology Not Accepted
- Test Your China Chops: Take the CDT News Quiz
- Word of the Week: Shouting Font
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping Orders Lunch
- Drawing the News: Birthday Season
- Hu Ping: Subversion By Way of Laughter
- Drawing the News: Chinese Dream, Chinese Nigh...
- “Grandpa Confucius, Please Come Home...
- Netizens Provide Comic Relief in a Political ...
- Why Chinese Political Humor is Spreading Onli...
- Drawing the News: Pipeline Explosion and More
- Drawing the News: Third Plenum Reflections