March 25, 2014 7:43 AM
18th party congress anti-Japan protests badiucao Bo Xilai CCTV censorship chengguan Chinese Dream cross-talk Cross-Talk Comics Cultural Revolution diaoyu islands Drawing the News environmental protests Feng Zikai forced demolitions freedom of expression Gangnam style Guizhou history Huangpu pigs 2013 Hu Jintao Hunan Internet censorship Japan leadership transition lei zhengfu mo yan netizens New Citizens Movement official corruption one-child policy Politburo Standing Committee political cartoons political humor re-education through labor Rebel Pepper Red Guards riot police sex scandals Shanghai Shifang Sichuan sina weibo SneezeBloid soft power tigers and flies weibo word of the week Xi Jinping
November 4, 2012 9:19 AM
A roundup of online political cartoons from the past week. Click any image to launch the slideshow view. On March 18, activists and students stormed
A roundup of online political cartoons from the past week. Click any image to launch the slideshow view. Check out more cartoons at CDT Chinese.
March 11, 2014 3:56 PM
Soon after CCTV aired an exposé on prostitution in China’s “sex capital,” authorities in the southern city of Dongguan arrested 67 prostitutes
February 17, 2014 2:54 PM
- Drawing the News: The Ring of Fail
- Drawing the News: The Right to Remain Silent
- Drawing the News: Apology Not Accepted
- Test Your China Chops: Take the CDT News Quiz
- Word of the Week: Shouting Font
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping Orders Lunch
- Drawing the News: Birthday Season
- Hu Ping: Subversion By Way of Laughter
- Drawing the News: Chinese Dream, Chinese Nigh...
- “Grandpa Confucius, Please Come Home...
- Netizens Provide Comic Relief in a Political ...
- Why Chinese Political Humor is Spreading Onli...
- Drawing the News: Pipeline Explosion and More
- Drawing the News: Third Plenum Reflections
- Drawing the News: Photoshop Failure and More
- Drawing the News: Strange Creatures from Cath...
- Drawing the News: Rebel Pepper, Xia Yeliang
- Drawing the News: Dasu Laozhuang’s Menagerie