February 25, 2014 7:30 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake censorship Chang Ping China coverage Ching Cheong foreign correspondents foreign media freedom of expression Freezing Point Internet censorship investigative journalism journalists Li Datong media censorship media conditions media control media reform media regulations Ministry of Truth Olympics media political prisoners propaganda Southern Media Group Southern Metropolis Daily Southern Weekly southern weekly protest 2013 transparency violence against journalists Wang Keqin Zhao Yan
February 12, 2014 2:29 PM
After free information advocacy groups reported on eroding press freedom in Hong Kong and Taiwan as Beijing leverages its economic clout for media
On Saturday, thousands of runners in Hong Kong’s Standard Chartered Marathon wore blue ribbons to show support for press freedom. South
February 17, 2014 4:48 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. State Council
February 12, 2014 12:07 PM
- This Week on CDT, February 14, 2014
- Propaganda Training for Chinese Journalists
- Is China Getting Tougher on Journalists?
- Political Discourse and Press Freedom in 2013
- Paul Mooney Exit Interview
- Southern Media Group Turns Back on Protesters
- Foreign Reporters Face Shifting Power Dynamic...
- 32 Journalists in Prison amid Tightening Rest...
- China Rejects Paul Mooney’s Journalist ...
- Report: Chinese Censorship Expanding Abroad
- Death Threats Over Housing Market Reports
- Newspaper Attacks Spur Hong Kong Press Freedo...
- Caixin Suspends Legal Section Under Pressure ...
- Press Freedom, Other Topics Off Limits for Ac...
- New Media Rules and the Prospects for Reform
- China Reporting Wins Pulitzers & Officia...
- Hu Chunhua: Heading to the Top via Guangdong?
- Sky News Correspondent Detained on Live TV