China limits most couples to one child, but lets some poor couples have a second child if the first is a girl.
CDT in the News
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay