A 2010 protest against Foxconn labor standards, from Hao-Zhong Wang.Read More
Paulina Hartono is a graduate of UC Berkeley.
Following the Chengdu Foxconn factory explosion, there are still no details on the victims. From Global Times: The official death toll rose to three Sunday from the Friday explosion at a Foxconn factory in Chengdu, Sichuan...Read More
A new project, the Great Chinese Dictionary, is underway to ease cross-Straits linguistic confusion. BBC News reports on this dictionary, and the linguistic drift that has developed between mainland and Taiwanese Chinese: There...Read More
The Ministry of Finance has announced that 88 of 98 central government departments have published their budgets. Though selective with the level of detail published, the Ministry has culled data on money spent on overseas...Read More
CDT in the News
- Language Log, UPenn – Typos as a means for circumventing censorship
- ASPI’s Daily Cyber Digest (July 21) – Mention of CDT’s “CCP Seeks Control Over Xinjiang Narrative as Xi Visits the Region”
- Sinocism (July 25, 2022 newsletter) – Taiwan and Pelosi; Vaccinations; Real estate bailout; Xi Thought on Diplomacy
- Politico (China Watcher Newsletter) – Xi’s Online Nicknames Spark Censorship Spree
- Nature – New deepfake regulations in China are a tool for social stability, but at what cost?