A 2010 protest against Foxconn labor standards, from Hao-Zhong Wang.Read More
Paulina Hartono is a graduate of UC Berkeley.
Following the Chengdu Foxconn factory explosion, there are still no details on the victims. From Global Times: The official death toll rose to three Sunday from the Friday explosion at a Foxconn factory in Chengdu, Sichuan...Read More
A new project, the Great Chinese Dictionary, is underway to ease cross-Straits linguistic confusion. BBC News reports on this dictionary, and the linguistic drift that has developed between mainland and Taiwanese Chinese: There...Read More
The Ministry of Finance has announced that 88 of 98 central government departments have published their budgets. Though selective with the level of detail published, the Ministry has culled data on money spent on overseas...Read More
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”