Guests of the Metropark Hotel Wanchai in Hong Kong lean out the window for a photo op, by Patrick Rasenberg.Read More
Japhet Weeks is a graduate student in Asian Studies and Journalism at UC Berkeley.
Posted by Japhet Weeks | Apr 27, 2009
Baidu, China’s home-grown version of Google, reported higher-than-expected first quarter profits. From Bloomberg: “Organic Internet user growth, government stimulus plans and Baidu’s brand campaign on CCTV’s Spring...Read More
Posted by Japhet Weeks | Apr 20, 2009
A new mapping study shows that the great wall is longer than was previously thought. From the BBC: A two-year government mapping study found that the wall spans 8,850km (5,500 miles) – until now, the length was commonly...Read More
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”