Author: josh rudolph
Josh Rudolph currently lives in Vancouver, where he recently finished an MA at the Institute of Asian Research at UBC. His thematic focus is on Asia Pacific Policy and media representations of Asian culture, society and religion, while his main geopolitical interest lies in China.
As the world’s leading emitter of greenhouse gasses, it is no secret that the air quality in urban China is far from perfect. The Wall Street Journal reports on a statement from Beijing Environmental Protection Bureau deputy head Du Shaozhong, declaring air quality to have reached “crisis level”: Beijing’s air has improved significantly since 1998,
In a recent article in the online magazine Death and Taxes, Matt Kiebus opens by playfully chiding the USA for the over-eating and under-exercising habits that have rightfully led to its reputation as the world’s most obese nation. The article then switches focus to a nation whose rapidly expanding infrastructure of trans-fat may someday allow it to overtake the US as the world’s
Most Recent Entries
- 2011.12.13 This Week (So Far) In School Bus Crashes
- 2011.12.13 The Fake Disneyland that Never Was
- 2011.12.08 China Executes Filipino Man Despite Aquino Appeal
- 2011.12.07 US and China Continue to Play Climate "Ping-Pong"
- 2011.12.07 178 Children Rescued in Human Trafficking Crackdown
- 2011.12.01 China to Raise Poverty Threshold
- 2011.12.01 Progress and Shortcomings in China's Fight Against AIDS
- 2011.11.30 How China's Human Rights Record is Like Michael Jackson
- 2011.11.30 China Bans Advertisements During TV Dramas
- 2011.11.24 "Let Hundreds of Schools Contend"… Wait, What Year Is It?
- 2011.11.24 Organic Farming With Chinese Characteristics
- 2011.11.24 China's Jobless College Graduates
- 2011.11.23 China's Super-Rich Buy a Better Life Abroad
- 2011.11.23 Video: China's Secret Slave Camps
- 2011.11.18 Mysterious Formations in the Gobi Desert (Updated)
- 2011.11.18 What to Make of US Military Presence in the Asia Pacific
- 2011.11.17 Video Interview with Ezra Vogel
- 2011.11.17 America's Incoherent Asia Policy
- 2011.11.17 GE-China Deal: Economic Opportunity Comes With Risks
- 2011.11.10 China's Environmental Ambivalence: Green Leader or Climate Blackmailer?