From China Daily: Chinese exports may have hit a slump, but a shoe factory in Sichuan province has defied the trend, and it has the first lady of the United States to thank for that. Orders have been pouring in at Reoblan ever...Read More
Sophia Cao is an undergraduate business student at Baruch College in New York. She is interested in Chinese culture and contemporary art, with a particular emphasis on multimedia.
Posted by Sophia Cao | Apr 12, 2009
Desperate graduates apply for funeral jobs in Shanghai, via China Daily: It is the one business that is never short of clients, and 366 college graduates will this week find out if the city’s funeral industry is the answer...Read More
Posted by Sophia Cao | Mar 15, 2009
The erhu music below, accompanied on the Chinese lute by Zhao Cong, is one of Yu Hongmei’s works, who is a well-known contemporary erhu player in China, carried by Youtube:Read More
CDT in the News
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?
- RFA – Guangdong officials ban Model United Nations over federalism debate
- BBC – Chinese grieve popular ex-premier Li Keqiang in quiet show of dissent
- Le Monde – En Chine, l’hommage très contrôlé à l’ex-premier ministre Li Keqiang, « dernier dirigeant de l’ère des réformes »