2010 World Expo
by Samuel Wade | Sep 30, 2011
At Bloomberg’s World View blog, Adam Minter describes reactions to the recent Metro accident in Shanghai, where many, for all their reservations, have little choice but to keep riding the subway and hope for the best. As...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 14, 2010
The China Travel blog reported in November on a gallery show in Shanghai that was closed down during the Shanghai Biennale. It was allowed to reopen after the Shanghai Expo closed: During the casual talk, the man pictured above...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 29, 2010
Howard French, former Shanghai Bureau Chief for the New York Times, revisits the city: Already at this hour, the highway into Shanghai was throbbing with traffic, steadily moving but growing thicker by the minute. As I nodded in...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 15, 2010
From Fool’s Mountain: The Indian Pavilion is a massive stupa (pronounced stuup, with an slightly elongated u), resembling specifically the Sanchi Stupa built during the Maurya Dynasty (322-185 BC) by King Ashoka...
by Sophie Beach | May 22, 2010
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton visited the U.S. pavilion at the Shanghai Expo today, the Washington Post reports: Clinton toured the American and Chinese pavilions at Expo 2010 Shanghai China, exchanged pleasantries with...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods