Earlier this week, screenshots of “Ten Questions” about China’s pandemic policy began making the rounds on the Chinese internet and social media, attracting a great deal of interest and commentary. Those screenshots have now...
Li Wenliang’s Wailing Wall, October 2022: “Some who live are already dead; some who have died, live on.”
Nov 4, 2022
Two years and eight months after whistleblower Dr. Li Wenliang’s death from COVID-19, the “Wailing Wall” that emerged in the comments under his last Weibo post continues to serve as a repository for the hopes, dreams, worries,...
Feb 8, 2022
“A healthy society shouldn’t have only one voice.” — Dr. Li Wenliang February 7 marked the second anniversary of the death of Dr. Li Wenliang, the courageous young ophthalmologist at the Central Hospital of Wuhan who was one of...
Sep 17, 2021
“20021” may look like a random string of numbers or a mangled date, but many Weibo users know it as a sign that they are being blocked from posting “sensitive” content. Telegram user @cybergraveyardcn (简中赛博坟场)...
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner