Foxconn plans to address problems with increasingly expensive and sometimes suicidal workers by replacing many of them with robots, increasing the number it uses a hundredfold over the next three years. Xinhua reports: The...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 2, 2011
From Shanghai Daily: A 17-year-old student in Anhui Province sold one of his kidneys for 20,000 yuan only to buy an iPad 2. Now, with his health getting worse, the boy is feeling regret but it is too late, the Global Times...
by Liu Yong | Dec 7, 2007
From The Financial Times: Acer , the world’s third-largest personal computer vendor, has beaten its close rival Lenovo to become a global sponsor of the Olympic Games. Acer will become one of 11 global sponsors for the Olympics from January 2009 to 2012. It will supply notebook and desktop computers and monitors to the 2010 […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods