Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery, the potential buyer of GM’s Hummer brand, expects to persuade Chinese regulators to approve the transaction in spite of a report on China National Radio’s website saying...
Apr 14, 2008
From the Financial Times: Bank of Beijing, the mid-sized Chinese lender part-owned by Dutch bank ING, indicated on Friday that it would seek further acquisitions after agreeing to buy a stake of just under 20 per cent in Lang...
Jun 12, 2006
From MarketWatch: China Mobile Ltd. said Monday its parent, China Mobile Communications Corp., paid HK$1.28 billion to Rupert Murdoch‘s STAR Group Ltd. for a 19.9% stake in Hong Kong-listed Phoenix Satellite Television Holdings Ltd. (8002.HK). China Mobile, Phoenix,and STAR Group announced the deal late Thursday, but didn’t say then how much China Mobile paid for […]
CDT in the News
- Newsweek – China’s Angry Protesters Confronted With Warnings About ‘External Forces’
- The Straits Times – China still clamping down on protest activities against Covid-19 lockdown
- NYT – ‘Breach of the Big Silence’: Protests Stretch China’s Censorship to Its Limits
- NYT – Banana Peels for Xi Jinping
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast