Life has not gotten easier for China’s LGBTQ+ communities. A looming demographic crisis has inspired calls to strengthen traditional family structures and produce more children, while rising nationalism and xenophobia have...
Feb 18, 2022
On the eve of the Beijing Paralympic Games, CDT presents the full-text translation of this article by Xie Renci for the health news site DXY.com. Originally published on International Day of Persons with Disabilities, the...
Sep 24, 2021
Friends of two Guangzhou-based activists who have been incommunicado since Sunday fear that they have been detained and may be facing prosecution. Prominent #MeToo activist Huang Xueqin (Sophia Huang) had been planning to leave...
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report