The latest COVID-19 outbreak in Hebei, first detected in the provincial capital of Shijiazhuang, has triggered a strict lockdown likened by some to wartime measures. People with Hebei residency (hukou) have been suddenly...Read More
Anne Henochowicz is a Translations Coordinator at China Digital Times.
Posted by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 19, 2020
The CDT Censorship Digest is a monthly round-up of censored speech, propaganda developments, and rights defense in China. We have selected and adapted the most relevant and interesting stories for our English readers. We...Read More
Posted by Anne Henochowicz | Oct 30, 2020
Earlier this month, CDT reported that Zhejiang had published the names of individuals and businesses found Zhejiang had published the names of individuals and businesses guilty of circumventing China’s Great Firewall, listing...Read More
Posted by Anne Henochowicz | Oct 27, 2020
An undated photograph circulating on the internet in China appears to show a slide from a presentation at the Guangdong Province Party Committee School’s Institute of Public Administration, listing the “Ten Commandments...Read More
Posted by Anne Henochowicz | Oct 15, 2020
Netizens recently noticed that since July, the Zhejiang Provincial Government Services website has been publicly posting “resolutions on administrative punishment” for individuals and organizations charged with...Read More
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”