Chinese state media reports China’s first transport aircraft, dubbed the Y-20, has taken its first successful test flight. The Y-20 is China’s first domestically made jumbo air freighter. From Xinhua: The Yun-20, or...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 26, 2012
China Real Time blog interviews James Fallows about his new book China Airborne and about the aviation industry in China: You highlight the dramatic improvement of China’s airlines as one area of particular success. Are there...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 8, 2010
The Los Angeles Times reports on the sentencing of a Chinese-born aerospace engineer who worked in Southern California on charges of spying for China: U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney in Santa Ana imposed a 188-month prison...
by Mo Ming | Mar 15, 2006
From the New York Times (link) Airbus is in the late stages of negotiations to build an assembly line for its A320 passenger plane in China, a landmark deal that would significantly lift its prospects for business there. Producing European planes in China would open a new front in the battle between Airbus and Boeing […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms