Chinese state media reports China’s first transport aircraft, dubbed the Y-20, has taken its first successful test flight. The Y-20 is China’s first domestically made jumbo air freighter. From Xinhua: The Yun-20, or...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 26, 2012
China Real Time blog interviews James Fallows about his new book China Airborne and about the aviation industry in China: You highlight the dramatic improvement of China’s airlines as one area of particular success. Are there...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 8, 2010
The Los Angeles Times reports on the sentencing of a Chinese-born aerospace engineer who worked in Southern California on charges of spying for China: U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney in Santa Ana imposed a 188-month prison...
by Mo Ming | Mar 15, 2006
From the New York Times (link) Airbus is in the late stages of negotiations to build an assembly line for its A320 passenger plane in China, a landmark deal that would significantly lift its prospects for business there. Producing European planes in China would open a new front in the battle between Airbus and Boeing […]
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal