Chinese state media reports China’s first transport aircraft, dubbed the Y-20, has taken its first successful test flight. The Y-20 is China’s first domestically made jumbo air freighter. From Xinhua: The Yun-20, or...
Jan 22, 2013
Chinese state media reports the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) unveiled a plan that would boost civil aircraft manufacturing. This comes amid China’s attempts to build jet engines for both commercial and...
Jun 26, 2012
China Real Time blog interviews James Fallows about his new book China Airborne and about the aviation industry in China: You highlight the dramatic improvement of China’s airlines as one area of particular success. Are there...
Feb 8, 2010
The Los Angeles Times reports on the sentencing of a Chinese-born aerospace engineer who worked in Southern California on charges of spying for China: U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney in Santa Ana imposed a 188-month prison...
Mar 15, 2006
From the New York Times (link) Airbus is in the late stages of negotiations to build an assembly line for its A320 passenger plane in China, a landmark deal that would significantly lift its prospects for business there. Producing European planes in China would open a new front in the battle between Airbus and Boeing […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos