Chinese state media reports China’s first transport aircraft, dubbed the Y-20, has taken its first successful test flight. The Y-20 is China’s first domestically made jumbo air freighter. From Xinhua: The Yun-20, or...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 26, 2012
China Real Time blog interviews James Fallows about his new book China Airborne and about the aviation industry in China: You highlight the dramatic improvement of China’s airlines as one area of particular success. Are there...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 8, 2010
The Los Angeles Times reports on the sentencing of a Chinese-born aerospace engineer who worked in Southern California on charges of spying for China: U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney in Santa Ana imposed a 188-month prison...
by Mo Ming | Mar 15, 2006
From the New York Times (link) Airbus is in the late stages of negotiations to build an assembly line for its A320 passenger plane in China, a landmark deal that would significantly lift its prospects for business there. Producing European planes in China would open a new front in the battle between Airbus and Boeing […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods