On July 2, limits were set on trading in Chenguang Biotech (晨光生物) stock to curb speculation [zh]....
by Sophie Beach | Apr 19, 2011
Ai Weiwei’s sister has released a letter Ai wrote in 1978, which provides some insight into his early experiences that had a deep impact on his view of the world. She also states that she believes he will be treated very...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 5, 2010
On his blog, New Yorker correspondent Evan Osnos writes about a visit poet Ai Qing, Ai Weiwei’s father, paid to the New Yorker offices in 1981: In 1981, Ai Qing was seventy years old, and had been politically rehabilitated...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese city suffers food shortages during Covid-19 lockdown
- Mind Matters – Lawyer Turned Citizen Journalist in China Turns Up Again—in Jail
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020