China has secured a three-year term on the United Nations Human Rights Council with over 90% of...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 30, 2013
At Tea Leaf Nation, Minami Funakoshi considers perceived differences between the Sina and Tencent Weibo platforms based on reactions to an Asahi Shimbun post on Japanese deaths in the recent Algerian hostage crisis. [… E]ven a...
by cschultz | Jul 16, 2009
The Times of India reports that China has issued a security warning to its citizens living in Algeria after receiving news that Al-Qaida plans to avenge the deaths of Uighurs killed in Xinjiang: According to a report by the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods