A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman told reporters that Christian Bale, not China, should be embarrassed by his confrontation with guards outside the Shandong village of Dongshigu last week. Bale was attempting to visit legal...
by Paulina Hartono | Apr 15, 2009
On Monday, Rebecca MacKinnon met with the co-founder and web team of Anti-CNN.com. Rebecca summarizes some of the main points of the discussion on her website: Liu Jing then asked me why the Western media gave less attention to...
by sjia | Feb 17, 2009
China Central Television (CCTV), China’s most powerful state television station, has recently become a target of China’s many online communities. Amidst the fray, one site was brought to our attention: Anti-CCTV. Launched as...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”