Bloomberg reports that Premier Wen Jiabao has stabilizing prices as the top economic priority for China: The Premier reiterated that China faces a “very complicated, unstable and uncertain environment both at home and abroad”...
by Kate Zhao | Mar 28, 2008
From AP via International Herald Tribune : China said Friday that it would pay farmers more for rice and wheat, in a move aimed at raising output and cooling surging inflation that threatens to fuel unrest ahead of the Olympic...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 18, 2008
AFP reports on the press conference that closed this year’s NPC/CPPCC session: In a closing press conference at the annual parliamentary meeting, Wen said his government faces the conflicting tasks of trying to create jobs...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms