Portions of a reunion episode of the American sitcom Friends were censored for Chinese audiences this past week. Friends was once wildly popular: grassroots subtitling groups translated episodes into Chinese and many fans...
by Cindy | Oct 3, 2018
Kong Linlin, a London-based reporter with Chinese state broadcaster’s English-language China...
by Timothy Lesle | Jun 20, 2008
The latest apology to China comes from automaker Fiat, reports Reuters. The company aired a commercial for the Fiat Delta in Italy, but it starred American actor Richard Gere and portrayed him driving into Tibet. In a statement...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions