Portions of a reunion episode of the American sitcom Friends were censored for Chinese audiences this past week. Friends was once wildly popular: grassroots subtitling groups translated episodes into Chinese and many fans...
by Grace | Oct 3, 2018
Kong Linlin, a London-based reporter with Chinese state broadcaster’s English-language China...
by Timothy Lesle | Jun 20, 2008
The latest apology to China comes from automaker Fiat, reports Reuters. The company aired a commercial for the Fiat Delta in Italy, but it starred American actor Richard Gere and portrayed him driving into Tibet. In a statement...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods