China’s Foreign Ministry announced a series of retaliatory measures against U.S. media organizations and defense corporations on Monday. This is the latest move in a protracted tit-for-tat battle with the Trump administration...
by cschultz | Sep 13, 2009
In an update to this past CDT post, India has been accused of spying on Chinese military hardware during its inspection of a UAE cargo ship in Kolkata (Calcutta) that had been transporting Chinese weapons from an arms expo in...
by Patricia Kim | Apr 14, 2005
From The Indian Express, via China National News: ‘The main purpose is not to attack the US. It is to throw a monkey wrench into decision making process in Washington, to make the Americans think, and think again, about intervening in Taiwan, and by then, Chinese have moved in.’ -Lin Chong-pin, former Taiwanese dy Defense […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods