A new investigation has renewed attention about human rights abuses in Xinjiang’s polysilicon industry. Polysilicon is a key ingredient in the manufacturing of solar panels, an industry that is expected to boom in coming...
by Scott Greene | Dec 5, 2012
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) charged the Chinese arms of the five big accounting firms with violations on Monday for failing to turn over audit reports on U.S.-listed Chinese companies, according to Reuters:...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods