On Tuesday, the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) went into effect in the U.S. The bill was conceived in 2019, approved by the Senate last July, and passed by Congress in December before being signed into law by...
Apr 14, 2021
A new investigation has renewed attention about human rights abuses in Xinjiang’s polysilicon industry. Polysilicon is a key ingredient in the manufacturing of solar panels, an industry that is expected to boom in coming...
Jun 27, 2014
The following censorship instruction, issued to the media by government authorities, has been...
Dec 14, 2012
Forbes contributor Junheng Li claims that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is walking a tightrope in its actions against the Chinese arms of the five major accounting firms, and has little leverage as the...
Dec 5, 2012
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) charged the Chinese arms of the five big accounting firms with violations on Monday for failing to turn over audit reports on U.S.-listed Chinese companies, according to Reuters:...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos