From the Financial Times: When Bank of America was negotiating to take a stake in China Construction Bank four years ago, advisers who worked on the investment gave it the code name “Project Solidgold”. Yet the landmark...
Bank of Beijing
Apr 14, 2008
From the Financial Times: Bank of Beijing, the mid-sized Chinese lender part-owned by Dutch bank ING, indicated on Friday that it would seek further acquisitions after agreeing to buy a stake of just under 20 per cent in Lang...
Oct 29, 2007
Recently, this list has been one of the hottest discussion items in Chinese cyberspace, translated by CDT: On September 19, Bank of Beijing, the biggest commercial bank with the largest assets, went public. It drew a great deal of attention, and the share price increased 81.44% in the first day with a trading volume of […]
CDT in the News
- Newsweek – China’s Angry Protesters Confronted With Warnings About ‘External Forces’
- The Straits Times – China still clamping down on protest activities against Covid-19 lockdown
- NYT – ‘Breach of the Big Silence’: Protests Stretch China’s Censorship to Its Limits
- NYT – Banana Peels for Xi Jinping
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast