Despite speculation about a drop in the bank reserve ratio due to high money demand for the Lunar New Year, China held off a reduction in the bank reserve requirement. Prior to this speculation, there was one cut in the reserve...
bank reserve ratio
by Claire Kells | Sep 15, 2008
Xinhua reports on changes in China’s monetary policy announced over the weekend, coinciding with news of bankruptcy filings by Lehman Brothers and the sale of Merrill Lynch, both New York based investment banks:...
by Kate Zhao | Oct 14, 2007
From Reuters via International Herald Tribune: An increase in Chinese bank reserve ratios to a record high may flatten the yield curve while bringing closer a pullback in the soaring stock market, traders and analysts said Sunday. The central bank announced Saturday that it was raising reserve ratios for the eighth time this year, starting […]
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism