Despite speculation about a drop in the bank reserve ratio due to high money demand for the Lunar New Year, China held off a reduction in the bank reserve requirement. Prior to this speculation, there was one cut in the reserve...
bank reserve ratio
by Claire Kells | Sep 15, 2008
Xinhua reports on changes in China’s monetary policy announced over the weekend, coinciding with news of bankruptcy filings by Lehman Brothers and the sale of Merrill Lynch, both New York based investment banks:...
by Kate Zhao | Oct 14, 2007
From Reuters via International Herald Tribune: An increase in Chinese bank reserve ratios to a record high may flatten the yield curve while bringing closer a pullback in the soaring stock market, traders and analysts said Sunday. The central bank announced Saturday that it was raising reserve ratios for the eighth time this year, starting […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods