According to a state media report, China plans to construct two railway lines in Tibet that will...
Jun 22, 2012
Amid frustration at the outcome of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio—which The Guardian’s Jonathan Watts gloomily compared with a 1930s League of Nations assembly—a side meeting between Wen...
Jan 11, 2008
Asia Times looks at how tensions between India and China are playing out in the Buddhist kingdom of Bhutan: There is a fear of China in Bhutan. There are unresolved border disputes going back centuries and the issue was only addressed in Beijing in 1984. Bhutan has traditional trade relations with Tibet, but Bhutan closed […]
CDT in the News
- Newsweek – China’s Angry Protesters Confronted With Warnings About ‘External Forces’
- The Straits Times – China still clamping down on protest activities against Covid-19 lockdown
- NYT – ‘Breach of the Big Silence’: Protests Stretch China’s Censorship to Its Limits
- NYT – Banana Peels for Xi Jinping
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast