Reporting on China has rarely been more difficult, according to the results of an annual survey of foreign journalists conducted by the Foreign Correspondents Club of China (FCCC). The FCCC itself is also in danger: in April of...
Feb 25, 2012
At China Real Time Report, Tom Orlik arms “panda-loving” readers for battle against gloomy forecasters of bursting investment bubbles, real estate collapse, shadow banking catastrophe, dwindling workforces and...
Sep 9, 2011
In a recent Letter from China, Evan Osnos recalled Japan’s excesses in the late 1980s, and wondered whether a Chinese tycoon’s attempt to buy a large swathe of north-eastern Iceland might mark a similar pre-crash...
Mar 23, 2005
From The New York Times: Nature spent millennia carving the jagged limestone mountains of Guangxi Province into the fanciful forest of stand-alone peaks so prized by ancient painters and modern tourists. Ren Ping and his crew of a few dozen migrant workers have been at their jobs only a few months, but the elevated superhighway […]
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner