U.S. businessman Vincent Wu, who has been detained in China since 2012, stood trial in Guangzhou...
by Melissa M. Chan | Oct 21, 2012
As China and North Korea deepen their ties with Kim Jong-Un’s uncle’s visit and the hiring of North Korean guest workers in China, the New York Times reports tensions between China and North Korea seems to be on the...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 1, 2005
From the New York Times: David Ji, a Chinese-American electronics entrepreneur, spent two months in custody enduring all-night interrogation sessions, but his stubbornness and occasional flashes of sarcasm infuriated his Chinese captors. So in late December last year, according to a person who compiled a record of the encounter, guards emptied his pockets, removed his […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers