The Chinese Communist Party Central Committee’s Politburo has met this week and set the date...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 30, 2015
Jonathan Sudworth reports on his encounter with Xiao Wunan, a former high-ranking CCP official who...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 4, 2012
The planned copper plant in Sichuan Province over which protesters and riot police clashed earlier this week has been cancelled, and those detained during the confrontation released. From Keith Bradsher at The New York Times:...
by Paulina Hartono | Sep 24, 2009
In the past, official selection put strong emphasis on educational history, and not on actual capabilities of potential cadres. However, statements from officials like Wang Yang, Secretary of the CCP’s Guangdong Committee,...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”