The Chinese Communist Party Central Committee’s Politburo has met this week and set the date...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 30, 2015
Jonathan Sudworth reports on his encounter with Xiao Wunan, a former high-ranking CCP official who...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 4, 2012
The planned copper plant in Sichuan Province over which protesters and riot police clashed earlier this week has been cancelled, and those detained during the confrontation released. From Keith Bradsher at The New York Times:...
by Paulina Hartono | Sep 24, 2009
In the past, official selection put strong emphasis on educational history, and not on actual capabilities of potential cadres. However, statements from officials like Wang Yang, Secretary of the CCP’s Guangdong Committee,...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms