The Chinese Communist Party Central Committee’s Politburo has met this week and set the date...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 30, 2015
Jonathan Sudworth reports on his encounter with Xiao Wunan, a former high-ranking CCP official who...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 4, 2012
The planned copper plant in Sichuan Province over which protesters and riot police clashed earlier this week has been cancelled, and those detained during the confrontation released. From Keith Bradsher at The New York Times:...
by Paulina Hartono | Sep 24, 2009
In the past, official selection put strong emphasis on educational history, and not on actual capabilities of potential cadres. However, statements from officials like Wang Yang, Secretary of the CCP’s Guangdong Committee,...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods