Another city-wide shutdown has apparently tamed a small outbreak of COVID-19 in the southern border city of Baise, Guangxi, where an Omicron cluster had been reported. The methods used to achieve the Chinese government’s...
Sep 11, 2012
As China tightens food safety regulations amid various accusations, including the discovery of a cancer-causing toxin in baby formula, China is now investigating claims that genetically-modified ‘Golden Rice’ was tested on...
Mar 22, 2010
China Daily has an update on the vaccine scandal in Shanxi: The latest probe into a vaccine scandal in north China’s Shanxi Province showed violation of rules by the provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention...
Jan 6, 2007
From Xinhua, via China Daily: A new recombinant H5N1 vaccine virus has been developed in China and is available for researchers and companies that want to develop or produce the H5N1 vaccine for human use, an official with the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said. Shu Yuelong, senior official with Chinese CDC, […]
Oct 13, 2006
From Reuters: Rapid modernization has given rise to complex health problems in China and it is saddled not only with diseases that afflict developing states but those in advanced countries too, senior Chinese health officials said. China was facing a double burden, Wang RuotaoÔºàÁéãËã•Ê∂õÔºâ, a senior research fellow at the Chinese Center for Disease Control […]
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China