This week, China extended restrictions on minors’ screen time. New regulations issued by the National Press and Publication Administration will limit minors’ online gaming to only three hours per week: one hour from 8:00-9:00...
by John Chan | Jun 16, 2021
The Chinese government is reportedly set to announce new rules to significantly curtail the operations of after-school tuition centers, in an effort to reduce skyrocketing academic competition and pressure on Chinese students....
by John Chan | Apr 8, 2021
In the wake of China’s annual “Two Sessions” meetings in Beijing, the Ministry of Education has announced a slew of new regulations aimed at protecting children’s physical, mental, and political health....
by cdtstaff | Apr 4, 2011
American colleges have already started to widely recruit overseas in China, but now it seems that American high schools are also hoping to attract more students from China. From Yahoo News: Northern Maine is 7,000 miles and a...
by Kate Zhao | May 16, 2008
From Sing Tao Daily via New America Media: At the end of his first day of school in 1995, Xiaohua Zhang, a nine-year boy who had recently immigrated from China, told his mom cheerfully, “My classmates gave me a new English name...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods