Three family members of Zhang Shaojie, the Christian pastor who was recently sentenced to 12 years...
China Aid Association
Dec 9, 2013
A joint statement from ChinaAid’s Bob Fu and New York University’s Jerome Cohen, rival...
May 15, 2012
Since news broke of activist Chen Guangcheng’s escape from house arrest late last month, Chinese-born and Texas-based Pastor Bob Fu and his organisation ChinaAid have often featured prominently. Fu was a major conduit of...
Apr 27, 2012
The location of legal activist Chen Guangcheng remains uncertain following his escape from house arrest in the Shandong village of Dongshigu, with widespread speculation pointing to the US embassy in Beijing. He is reported to...
Jun 16, 2011
A smuggled letter describes the abuses suffered by activist Chen Guangcheng and his wife at the hands of local authorities during their long and ongoing house arrest. From the Associated Press: A group of 70 to 80 men led by a...
Feb 11, 2011
Zhai Minglei, former reporter for Southern Weekend and founder of Yi Bao “the One-Man Newspaper,” reports on a video captured by blind civil rights activist Chen Guangcheng while under heavy-handed confinement in his home.
Mar 25, 2010
From the New York Times: A growing number of developing countries receive billions of dollars a year in assistance, loans, and investments from China. Already in 2010, Beijing has committed $25 billion to Asean nations. In...
Jun 17, 2006
From AsiaNews: A House Church clergyman has been arrested and accused of “illegally printing and distributing Bibles and other Christian literature”. Pastor Wang Zaiqing, 43, is also charged with illegal business practices, this according to US-based China Aid Association (CAA), an NGO fighting for religious freedom in China. According to a CAA spokesperson, a Security […]
CDT in the News
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?
- RFA – Guangdong officials ban Model United Nations over federalism debate
- BBC – Chinese grieve popular ex-premier Li Keqiang in quiet show of dissent
- Le Monde – En Chine, l’hommage très contrôlé à l’ex-premier ministre Li Keqiang, « dernier dirigeant de l’ère des réformes »