The South China Morning Post’s George Chen reports that China’s central bank has...
China central bank
Mar 18, 2011
Though China remains America’s largest creditor by virtue of holding the largest amount of U.S. debt through Treasury bonds, China has also been selling a large portion of them in order to diversify risk. From the...
Feb 16, 2010
From Bloomberg: China’s ownership of U.S. government debt fell in December by the most since 2000, allowing Japan to regain the position as the largest foreign holder of Treasury securities. Japan’s holdings rose 1.5 percent in...
Oct 30, 2009
Thanks to its generous stimulus package and growth in loans, China’s financial forecast is generally positive. From Bloomberg: China will sustain its economic rebound this quarter and growth is likely to top the...
Jun 14, 2006
From Reuters: China’s central bank vowed on Thursday to step up its efforts to drain cash from the banking system, leaving less money for banks to lend for factories and property as strong data showed investment accelerating again. “We will remove fuel from the fire, so that they do not have the money to lend,” […]
CDT in the News
- NPHR – Chinese authorities remain committed to ‘zero COVID’ lockdown policy
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back