The South China Morning Post’s George Chen reports that China’s central bank has...
China central bank
Mar 18, 2011
Though China remains America’s largest creditor by virtue of holding the largest amount of U.S. debt through Treasury bonds, China has also been selling a large portion of them in order to diversify risk. From the...
Feb 16, 2010
From Bloomberg: China’s ownership of U.S. government debt fell in December by the most since 2000, allowing Japan to regain the position as the largest foreign holder of Treasury securities. Japan’s holdings rose 1.5 percent in...
Oct 30, 2009
Thanks to its generous stimulus package and growth in loans, China’s financial forecast is generally positive. From Bloomberg: China will sustain its economic rebound this quarter and growth is likely to top the...
Jun 14, 2006
From Reuters: China’s central bank vowed on Thursday to step up its efforts to drain cash from the banking system, leaving less money for banks to lend for factories and property as strong data showed investment accelerating again. “We will remove fuel from the fire, so that they do not have the money to lend,” […]
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner